Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

rtl_tcp/rtlamr alternative on an RTL2832U+

I've got this Fitipower FC0012/RTL2832U+ and I'm trying to get 433/900MHz sensor readings. 

I've tried the rtl_433/rtlamr/rtl_tcp option on a debian box but I'm having stability issues with the stick where it dies anywhere from 1-48 hours. I've got active cooling on the stick and I don't think temp is the issue. 
Not sure if its the software or the stick, are there any other linux options out there?
(09-19-2021, 12:05 AM)DesolataX Wrote: I've got this Fitipower FC0012/RTL2832U+ and I'm trying to get 433/900MHz sensor readings. 

I've tried the rtl_433/rtlamr/rtl_tcp option on a debian box but I'm having stability issues with the stick where it dies anywhere from 1-48 hours. I've got active cooling on the stick and I don't think temp is the issue. 
Not sure if its the software or the stick, are there any other linux options out there?

Do you get any errors or does it just die? Active cooling pretty much eliminates the overheating theory.
It just stops outputting any messages, with rlt_433 it just stops spitting them out when I have it logging to console. Nothing for the usb device in dmesg/syslog.
Moved the stick from a USB3 based slot to a USB2 slot on my server and it's been stable so far. Must be something with the USB3 chipset (even though the stick isn't 3).