Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

RTL-SDR Giveaway!

Hey there SDR enthusiasts, I am giving away a RTL-SDR bundle with three antennas!

The SDR bundle is the Nooelec NESDR Smart v4 Bundle. I have a number of Nooelec devices and they've worked great for me. This bundle includes three antenna: 433 MHz, a UHF antenna, and an adjustable for whatever frequency you want! The SDR also includes a 0.5 PPM TXCO to keep a very stable clock for precise tuning.

How to enter the giveaway:
  • You must register for this forum and make at least one post.

Rules:
  • The contest is open to residents of the United States and Canada.
  • You must be 18 years of age or older.

Other details:
  • The more posts you make, the greater your chance of winning! I will count one post per day as an entry. Anyone already registered for SDRForums.com will be included as long as they have at least one post.
  • If the winner already has an SDR, I can certainly send them another, or I can pick another winner, or donate the cost equivalent to a charity of their choice.
  • I am planning on shipping right from Amazon to the winner's doorstep to avoid shipping the bundle twice.

Timeline:
  • The giveaway starts as soon as this post is live. It will run through 11:59PM MDT September 19, 2021.

Winner:
  • One winner will be selected by 12PM MDT September 20, 2021 and will be contacted via the email address used to register with the forum (make sure your email isn't marking SDRForums.com email as spam!).

Good luck and get posting!

That's awesome. I'm not really a newbie but I know a few who are and I've linked them here. Me and another ham (KO4EFS) host a weekly tech net show where we talk about and demonstrate different types of ham radio technology. This week's topic is setting up Raspberry Pi's with HamPi. If you're ok with it I'd like to add a slide about this new forum, and if you want you could even join us on the net(its on zoom) at 8pm Friday. We do a website of the week each week and this could be it if that's ok with you.
Awesome!
(09-14-2021, 12:06 PM)smb3 Wrote: That's awesome. I'm not really a newbie but I know a few who are and I've linked them here. Me and another ham (KO4EFS) host a weekly tech net show where we talk about and demonstrate different types of ham radio technology. This week's topic is setting up Raspberry Pi's with HamPi. If you're ok with it I'd like to add a slide about this new forum, and if you want you could even join us on the net(its on zoom) at 8pm Friday. We do a website of the week each week and this could be it if that's ok with you.

Of course! I can even add a subforum specific for HamPi if you want! I briefly looked it up. What timezone is that 8PM Friday? I should be able to attend (will be at the in-laws though). I will install HamPi on a Pi so I can talk about it during your show as well.

I looked into getting my amateur radio license at one point and can fumble my way through some practice tests and get high 60s-low 70s without studying at all (probably due to my engineering/electronics background). I do have 2 Baofeng radios that I have programmed to the local repeaters and NOAA stations that I tune into from time to time.
Well that's worth making an account for! Thanks for your generosity!
Awesome Smile
This looks pretty cool. I played with SDRs a bit in school.
Thanks for the awesome giveaway! 

I attempted to get into this but was sorely disappointed when I discovered my local police force uses a technology I wasn't able to decode. Or, I wasn't able to configure things correctly. Perhaps I'll get there with help from the folks here!
Thank you so much for your generosity!   Have used an SDR in the past but would like to get back into trying one out again.
Awesome [Image: smile.png]
This forum is awesome
I came here to ask what you guys recommended to purchase for my first radio.
I'll have to wait a day or two to see if I'm lucky or not before buying.

If anybody reads this, I'm looking at getting into ADS-B and setting up a site to give back to
our local suburb. So what radio would be best for 1090Mhz ?
(09-14-2021, 10:17 AM)Austin Wrote: Hey there SDR enthusiasts, I am giving away a RTL-SDR bundle with three antennas!

The SDR bundle is the Nooelec NESDR Smart v4 Bundle. I have a number of Nooelec devices and they've worked great for me. This bundle includes three antenna: 433 MHz, a UHF antenna, and an adjustable for whatever frequency you want! The SDR also includes a 0.5 PPM TXCO to keep a very stable clock for precise tuning.

Rules:

Other details:
  • The more posts you make, the greater your chance of winning! I will count one post per day as an entry. Anyone already registered for SDRForums.com will be included as long as they have at least one post.
  • If the winner already has an SDR, I can certainly send them another, or I can pick another winner, or donate the cost equivalent to a charity of their choice.
  • I am planning on shipping right from Amazon to the winner's doorstep to avoid shipping the bundle twice.

Timeline:
  • The giveaway starts as soon as this post is live. It will run through 11:59PM MDT September 19, 2021.

Winner:
  • One winner will be selected by 12PM MDT September 20, 2021 and will be contacted via the email address used to register with the forum (make sure your email isn't marking SDRForums.com email as spam!).

awesome, ive been meaning to add this to my Home Assistant instance for a while for pet tracking.   Directional SDR is a bit trickier, but i also have a bunch of 933mhz stuff that would be handy to centralize.  Thanks for running the contest!
(09-16-2021, 12:43 AM)EasySDR Wrote: I came here to ask what you guys recommended to purchase for my first radio.
I'll have to wait a day or two to see if I'm lucky or not before buying.

If anybody reads this, I'm looking at getting into ADS-B and setting up a site to give back to
our local suburb. So what radio would be best for 1090Mhz ?

EasySDR - the linked SDR in the first post is a good choice for 1090 MHz ADS-B reception.
(09-16-2021, 12:55 PM)jbrukardt Wrote:
(09-14-2021, 10:17 AM)Austin Wrote: Hey there SDR enthusiasts, I am giving away a RTL-SDR bundle with three antennas!

Rules:

Other details:

Timeline:

Winner:

awesome, ive been meaning to add this to my Home Assistant instance for a while for pet tracking.   Directional SDR is a bit trickier, but i also have a bunch of 933mhz stuff that would be handy to centralize.  Thanks for running the contest!

Very curious how you plan to do the directional SDR! Can you post any details here?