Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

LimeSdr Mini - worth it?

Question 
Currently the only radio I have capable of transmitting is a cheap Baofeng. FM only, no computer connectivity, even hooking the headphone jack to the line-in port is a pain because of the Kenwood jack.

I've been following the LimeSdr project for some time and have my eye on the Mini edition. Has anyone here purchased/used one? How has it performed?
(09-14-2021, 01:46 PM)Cade_Connelly_13 Wrote: Currently the only radio I have capable of transmitting is a cheap Baofeng. FM only, no computer connectivity, even hooking the headphone jack to the line-in port is a pain because of the Kenwood jack.

I've been following the LimeSdr project for some time and have my eye on the Mini edition. Has anyone here purchased/used one? How has it performed?

Do you have a specific project in mind? Put differently, what are you trying to do? If you have a specific project, members might be able to better help you. If you just want a device that can transmit, that works too!
(09-14-2021, 10:31 PM)Austin Wrote:
(09-14-2021, 01:46 PM)Cade_Connelly_13 Wrote: Currently the only radio I have capable of transmitting is a cheap Baofeng. FM only, no computer connectivity, even hooking the headphone jack to the line-in port is a pain because of the Kenwood jack.

Do you have a specific project in mind? Put differently, what are you trying to do? If you have a specific project, members might be able to better help you. If you just want a device that can transmit, that works too!

I'm looking for something that can both decode/transmit digital frequencies and also be easily connected to a computer for signal analysis.
Gotcha. I've never actually used the LimeSDR equipment so I can't comment on if it's worth it or not. Hopefully someone else chimes in!
(09-15-2021, 08:34 AM)Cade_Connelly_13 Wrote:
(09-14-2021, 10:31 PM)Austin Wrote:

I'm looking for something that can both decode/transmit digital frequencies and also be easily connected to a computer for signal analysis.

Is there a particular signal type, platform, or modulation scheme that you are focusing on?  Or just digital modes in general?